Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Closer...closer....

....packing has begun.... Maybe if I finish packing tonight, I can just take a three day nap.....

One new development is that we've booked an excursion with Kristel and Donald at Eleuthera Tours. http://www.eleutheratours.com   The tentative plan is for "Lighthouse Beach by boat," though Krista had designs on the Schooner Cays trip for reasons I can't fathom....

You know, more than half of the people who hear about this blog seem to say something like "NO!  Get off the grid! Don't blog while you're there!"   Well, we may not always post regularly, but I am going to keep a written (and hopefully visual) record of things. Firstly, it'll be a way of letting the kids see what we did on a regular basis, but more importantly, writing has always been deeply therapeutic for me, and I fear that everything will be a jumbled blur for me if I don't write it down. I journalled dutifully while I lived in England, and some of those memories are as crisp today as they were 20 years ago. That said, I don't remember much of what I did last week, or month. No journal for that. Hell, I can't even remember much of what I said in arguments I had with Krista hours before she brings me up again for cross examination. Puts me at a distinct advantage. (nothing like having as your best comeback, "I have a vague recollection of being irked at you for something you said. As a result, I may have said something antagonistic myself, but I don't exactly recall what.")

Point being, I'm going to blog before I go to bed. I just might not be as religious in putting it on line.  Maybe I'll just keep any interested parties guessing.

Oh yeah, and this:

2 comments:

  1. I did NOT have designs on the Schooner Cays trip; I MADE FUN OF IT!!!

    And, yes, your convenient selective memory during fights can be quite frustrating!

    Good thing we're going to be alone together for a week. Dibs on how many of us will be on that return flight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, there will be two on the return flight. I just can't guarantee one of them will be you....

    ReplyDelete